Contact

Got questions or concerns? Email me at:

jaci4real [at]gmail[dot]com


Real Madrid vs Villarreal, Real Sociedad, and the Tale of the Three Forgotten

Real Madrid vs Villarreal Match Summary



Btw, Cris does celebrate with his teamates

It took just thirty minutes of brilliant football for Real to finish off Villarreal. The goals from Benz, Kaka, and Di Maria were enough to secure the three points.

The first goal game in the 6th minute. A long pass from Di Maria was chested by Benz and lobed over the onrushing Lopez. Five minutes later, Kaka sent Lopez batting air with a powerful shot to the back of Villarreal's net.
The third goal came when Real cleared a corner-kick to the feet of Kaka. Kaka passed it to Marcelo, who in turn passed it to Benzema. Benz then assisted the top assist-er (Di Maria) with a long pass with which the Argentine netted Real's third strike.

 Of course, I can't put everything into words so just enjoy the video HERE.

Random Moments of Perplexity and Ambiguity
Xabi Alonso got his first rest of the season.

Ronaldo's poor form. I always get upset when he doesn't score. But when he plays poorly (eg. bad passing, losing of the ball) AND doesn't score, you can imagine my feelings.

Iker finally wore black. YAY! It really suits him, no?



cite:otherstars[dot]tumblr[dot]com




Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad (preview)

Here are the key points of Mou's pre-game press conference:

In reference to Real's dashing form he said “in the last few games, we’ve scored many goals early, but that’s not normal.  It will be our turn to suffer, to have to make a comeback.” Is he trying to predict of grim game?? I certainly hope not, but in truth, what goes up must come down. Timing is key, though, and I don't think Real should fall at the moment? (What Madridista in their right mind would want Real to drop points??)

Of course, Mou also talked about the much awaited Sahin saying he wants to play but is not yet ready as he "has to rediscover his form and fitness".  

"I cannot see him playing straight away... Physically and mentally Sahin is at the pre-season level and he needs to train well. I have not asked Sahin if he feels ready to play because I know he will say yes."
And of course, I can't help but to comment on Mou's dressing. Black really suits him. (Do you remember who also looks good in black?)






the Tale of the Three Forgotten

As you have probably already guessed, the three forgotten are our goalscorers: Benz, Kaka, and Di Maria.

For Kaka, scoring meant being called up for the Brazilian national team. Months of injury kept him on the Real bench and and in the back of Mano Menezes mind. However his blooming form allowed him to play 90 minutes (his first in a while) and be called up for his National team (the first since the World cup).

“things are going well for me.  It’s been some time since I played 90 minutes.  I’m physically and personally good and that helps me to help the team.  Bit by bit, I’m gaining confidence.  I’m happy about everything.”

For Di Maria, scoring meant being on the good side of people's mind... and on the newspapers. Remember the days when you could recognize di Maria as "that-guy-who-tries-to-do-alot-of-skill-and-keeps-loosing-the-ball" ? Well, my friends, that can now be a thing of the past. Di maria is now the leading assist provider in the Spanish top flight football. His goal is just the icing on the cake.

"I'm very happy because things are going well for me. I'm confident again, which is important to me. I hope things continue to go well for me."


For Benzema, scoring meant more consideration when it comes to being on the starting lineup. His inconsistent form left Mourinho with no choice but to put the goal-poaching Higuaín on the pitch. However, with Benz's bad form a thing of the past, Mou will have more thinking to do. Does he want a goal-hogger who can score a hatrick in the blink of the eye? Or does he want a player who capable of playing in both wings, stealing the ball, AND scoring? For Benz, it doesn't really matter.

"This victory is very important to the team. It doesn't matter if Pipita or I score. Our mission is to score and help the team. The important thing in football is to win."

"Real Madrid will be looking forward to sealing a run of victories in October" said RM's official website. I think we're all in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...